Mood and Cognition Profile
Welcome to Therapy Works. You can find our integrated health clinic at Suite 3b/367 Barrenjoey Rd Newport NSW 2106. We offer a range of clinical testing services: Mood and cognition profiling, nutrigenomic profiles, detoxification profiles and hormone and fertility profiles.
The way we think and feel are often influenced by our genetics. Mood disorders such as depression and anxiety may be amplified by changes in the methylation cycle, neurotransmitter production and nutrient metabolism.
What do test results mean?
The test may highlight specific nutrient requirements from genetic links associated with biochemical and metabolic pathways. These pathways may contribute to dopamin, serotonin, histamine, GABA, biopterin, phosphatidyl choline and omega fatty acids production.
This test will help uncover the most appropriate treatment plan for you. This may be a combination of lifestyle changes, diet, nutrition, supplements or something else. The aim is to optimise mood and cognition while reducing risk factors associated with cognitive decline and mood orders.
What biological functions are better understood through this profile?
The Mood and Cognition Profile highlights proven genetic associations of mood and cognition by exploring:
- Neurotransmitter production and function, and methylation
- Nutrient metabolism for brain function and development (phosphatidyl choline, essential fatty acids)
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) production associated with learning, memory, sleep, anxiety and depression.
Is this test for you?
You may benefit from this test if you experience:
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
- Sleep problems
- Irritability and mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Poor concentration and cognition
- Poor memory
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)